a cut above the rest

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

This week's shoe is brought to us by the French design house of Christian Dior. Even though Dior himself passed away in the late 50s (many rumors about the cause of death have circulated) his passion for edgy and sexy shapes still lives on in all of the Dior lines. When Dior is on the runway you will know it. There is something more dangerous, more exciting and always more sensuous about the overall look. Keeping all of these elements together and still keeping a classic, sophisticated style is a true measure of what makes Dior so spectacular.



Christian Dior Extreme Cutout Sandal, WOW!!! I have been obsessed with these ever since I spotted them on Carrie in the Sex and the City movie. She wore these in black and I was a little shocked by how often she wore them in the movie, but then again, can you blame her??!! These are AMAZING! And cutouts were hot for summer and they are hot for fall. Pair these with tights and you will have one of the latest looks for this season. You can find these amazing sandals at Neiman Marcus.

1 comment:

Garrett Nudd Photography Blog said...

I knew these looked familiar. I thought I saw one of the track and field contestants in the Olympics wearing these, but fortunately after reading the rest of your entry, I realized that yes, these were worn by Carrie during much of the SATC movie. After seeing it not once, but twice, how could I forget?!?! I believe she paired the black versions with a form fitting white dress, correct? Or was it teal blue? I can't remember.